Cheese filled Hamburger with Carmalized Onions :)
It tasted really great! When you bit in, the patty was juicy and the cheese was perfectly melted. You then got the aroma of the onions and the crispy bread kept it all together. It was really messy, but very worth it :D
So, Nikki made a great point that I should start posting recipes of the dishes that I make because it isn’t fair that other people can’t eat them either. So, from now on, I will try to make more thorough entries :D
So, I may have posted something similar to this a year or two ago, but either way, it is still delicious :D
- So you first take 1 lb of ground beef and mix in one egg, oregano, salt and pepper. This will allow the meat to be easily made into patties.
- Form 2 very thin patties, each about 3-4 inches wide.
- Then break 2 slices of cheese into fourths and place them in the middle of one pattie. Use the other patty to cover the cheese and seal it by pressing the corners over each other. You now have a completed patty!
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a pan and sear the burger on both sides. Don’t press down the burger or else you will lose all of the juices. Each side should cook for 2-3 minutes but continue flipping back and forth so as to not burn it. Take the burger out now and put it to the side.
- Then, cut an onion into small strips, and place the onion strips into the same pan that has all the great butter and burger drippings in it. Continuously stir the onions until they are translucent and almost completely caramlized. You can throw in a bit of sugar for a sweeter taste.
- Then place the burger patty on top of the caramelized onions and continue flipping it until thoroughly cooked. This will allow for the onion flavor to be absorbed into your burger.
- Toast 2 pieces of bread and place the burger on top. Then place a generous portion of caramelized onions on top. Serve with ketchup, BBQ sauce or even spicy mayo!